Monday, March 5, 2012

2012 Week 8 - RESULTS

How did my diet-slip over the weekend affect my weight loss?



STARTING WEIGHT:   219.4 lbs

ENDING WEIGHT:  219.1 lbs



WEIGHT LOSS:    0.3 lbs



And that's still more than I deserve.

The fact that I lost any weight at all last week is most certainly down to the fact that I went for three runs. I didn't manage a fourth on Sunday, and I won't be going out tonight in all likelihood - the joys of looming exams!

Although I know I did a bad thing in my binge over the weekend (I say binge, but it wasn't really, just eating something bad rather than something good...but I'm going with binge, as I want to make sure I don't do it again!), there is one encouraging lesson, as my mother pointed out - although I ate more than I wanted, by maintaining my exercise at the same time, I didn't collapse into a terrible gain, but more or less maintained my weight from the previous week.

That's good to know for when I DO reach goal and have to start maintenance - I should be able to up my calorie intake to more normal levels (more than diet-mode anyway), and as long as I keep up my exercise, it should be manageable.

But that's looking too far ahead, as with last week's small loss, I am now very slightly behind my schedule of hitting goal weight by July 1st.

Obviously, last week's diet plan of increasing my carbs didn't really work, so I'm fiddling with my diet again this week. I still don't want to go back to my old protein-heavy diet just yet, even though it has worked for me in the past. Instead, I'm now trying out the 'multiple small meals' approach, as its a common piece of diet advice I haven't used before. We'll see how that works out!




 2012 Weight Loss: 
5.8 lbs (78.0 total loss)


.

5 comments:

  1. A loss is a loss, I'd take it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you know WHY it wasn't the loss you wanted!! Next time you'll know what to do differently! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments guys! I am secretly quite pleased with the loss (or should that be relieved?), but as I know I didn't follow my own rules last week, a part of me still wants to tell myself off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It may be slow but you are going in the right direction. It adds up bit by bit. Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The small meal system is definitely helpful for me. That means I never go more than about 3 hours without food, excepting overnight.

    ReplyDelete